Music to my ears..

A strange and beautiful thing happened this week-end. I went outside to sit on our back porch and immediately became aware of the most delightful sounds of children laughing and squealing; our neighbors were having a birthday party for one of their kids.

I closed my eyes as I swung in our hammock chair; joyful sounds swirling around me like sweet perfume. Later that evening as my husband and I took a swim, we noticed something different..these were the sounds of adults in different parts of our neighborhood having backyard bar b q’s and get-togethers..

These are the sights, sounds and smells of normal.. It’s like the power is coming back on after an extended outage and everything that was shut off in the world is sputtering, re-setting and whirring back to life.

Let there be light!

Wonderful!

Well said!!

Are you flying on your vaca?

Yes. Caribbean. Omg what I’ve done the past five days to get us ready!! Pcr, travel insurance, authorization from the island to travel…physical copies of all these things….and I didn’t want to go to this place but I got overruled!.,

Oh..no way..you got overruled? After a year of keeping the family ALIVEEEE??? This is how you get rewarded? Well..it sounds to me like there will be pool/beach side drinks avail, so frankly, who cares at that point where you are? Sand in toes, drink in hand..it’s all good.

To be fair, now that I’m done with the thirty point check to get approved to go into the island I’m excited…

You are going to LOVE it!! It may be a bit more crowded than you are used to..you have to kinda steel yourself mentally for that possibility..my kids did coming to Florida for a visit..but you will have a great time. I’m so jelly..make sure you post beautiful drink pics!

3. I can identify, even though we are still living with a wide range of restrictions I see and hear children playing in the green space. It makes me smile. Honestly I think there have been children back there a lot more often than pre-pandemic. It really is a joy to be reminded life goes on. 🙂

Yes- it does!!!

We’re getting back to normal in our area too, and you’re right, it feels so good!

I wondered for a second what coming out of war feels like.. it’s probably a bit like this.