The Power of Home.

Our Havanese has always been a lousy walker..unless she’s headed home. From the time she was a puppy, she’d be all passive aggressive on the leash..pulling back, refusing to move, demanding to be carried, unless we were heading home..then it was full speed ahead!

That’s the power of home.. be it our residence, our town, our favorite restaurant, the library, “our” gym, our favorite tennis court, the corner table at a local coffee shop.. There are some places that simply feel different, special and personal- when we are there, we feel a comfort that we don’t feel other places.

Yesterday my husband and I finally went back to church. Once there, it felt like we had only missed a week-end, but it had been fifteen months since we last sat in a pew.

Fifteen months.

It is hard to describe how good it felt, but then again..you already know.

It was like coming home.

1. As I read blogs written by Americans I have to admit to feeling a wee bit of envy. We are nowhere near the freedom to worships, shop, go to restaurants, etc. that you’re enjoying there. Soon, I hope. 🙂

I am happy for you though, I really am.

What’s the situation up there? I haven’t read anything about Canada for so long.. press has been very focused on South America, India etc..I knew you guys were struggling with the whole Astra Zeneca situation…but is that still an issue?

1. Astra-Zeneca has been stopped for now. Many provinces are inundated with cases, in Ontario people are being shipped outside their regions as hospital beds fill up. Here in Alberta we have the highest rate of spread in the country with the city where I live being the highest. The numbers are slowly coming down though, so that’s a good thing. The Atlantic provinces are doing well, in comparison, much lower numbers all around. The press here does not tell us which variants are causing the problems – news stories do not identify the specific variant – at least not any I’ve read. Tis worrisome.

Gee whiz..we (at least where I am) haven’t heard one thing about Canada in a long time..I figured you were all doing fine after that big flare up. If it’s any consolation, it seems that things do flatten out after the spike hits..regardless of vaccines. We had that one big wave in Florida last year and then things really settled down after that.

3. Here’s hoping. 🙂

4. I would not be able to tell you which variants as they are mostly not identified specifically. The Atlantic provinces are doing fairly well but the rest of the country not so much. Alberta has the highest spread in the country, and the city where I live has the highest in the province – definitely worrisome. Numbers are decreasing so that’s a hopeful sign. We are virtually under lock down in Canada, depending where you live with lots of restrictions.

That is so scary.. but summer is coming, so hopefully that will help with more people being outside..AND of course, more vaccine!

6. Summer coming may equal more cases. I heard that the Calgary Stampede may go ahead, depending on caseloads. Our provincial government have bungled the management of this pandemic very badly. Yet, with more vaccines on their way we may just overcome despite politicians who lack the will to do something concrete. Hope floats!

Can you imagine for a sec how many years we will devote to debriefing on this thing? Starting with where it came from all the way on down to closures etc. Some of us had our finest hours, some of us had our worst.. we will be reviewing our actions for years to come..those of us who survived. The totality of this horrible event is staggering.

8. It is staggering and I sure hope we learn from it – so many death!

I’ve been back to church three times, and it does feel good. Sadly, our beloved pastor had to resign due to health reasons (not related to Covid) during the pandemic, and we have an intern pastor who uses a whole lot of words to say very little in his place, but it still felt good to be back!

A good pastor is like a good hairdresser..You know how fortunate you are to have them, and when they leave it’s.. 😩