Heads Up!

Last night I read an article about the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic and that it was quite likely the result of an accident at a Chinese lab. This is not a new assertion of course, but the source was a (supposedly classified) report from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, the Department of Energy’s biodefense research institution – hardly FOX news.

The Chinese government, it was noted, is of course NOT co-operating, but researchers are using every high tech tool at their disposal to dig down deep into the data they have. One thing they know for sure, this scourge started way earlier than reported.

So I wondered to myself..

“Self, if we discovered undisputed evidence that the suffering and death and economic upheaval visited upon the entire planet over the past year was due to negligence, hubris or outright criminality, would it even matter? Would there be repercussions?

A fine?

A time-out?

Anything?

I’m guessing no.. but the thought that this global disaster (over 3 million (!!) deaths so far) could possibly have been triggered by a few folks in a government lab and that this same government is refusing to cooperate after the fact..well, the implications are mind boggling.

At least they should be..

Really??

This morning I read that a wayward Chinese rocket is going to break-up and scatter large pieces of debris somewhere on earth. I was shocked to find out this has happened with one of their rockets before; large metal pieces damaging buildings on the Ivory Coast.

I guess that’s what can happen if the global community doesn’t hold you accountable the first time you have an oopsy.

Heads up..

Nothing, and I mean nothing, surprises me. Accountability? Pshaw…..

Liked by 3 people

And here we are discussing climate change (with a straight face) under the shadow of this unresolved (and still unfolding) disaster?? What a Kabuki dance..

Liked by 2 people

I know!! It’s a joke. Because me not composting my carrot shavings is going to kill the world…

I know..not that I don’t believe we humans can do more to protect the planet..BUT..in comparison to the effects of just one year of this Covid catastrophe..my goodness. And yet we seem ready to just move along from it as if we are cool not knowing how it all happened and that it will never happen again..( see wayward rocket)

I know! Or they tell you that you’re a conspiracy theorist…that’s the one that kills me…

The entire world should be focused on finding out what happened..and how it happened..where’s the special envoy for that?

Right? You know….so it doesn’t happen again….but you know…we divided…now someone else conquers