Bite-sized, twice baked potatoes

on

Well, that was easy!

Yesterday we met with our neighbors (outside!) for wine and appetizers. I made mini-twice baked potatoes.

Talk about a trifecta- great presentation, taste and SO easy to make!

First, I poured a bit of oil in the bottom of a pyrex pan and sprinkled on some salt and garlic powder. Then I dumped the (cleaned) mini potatoes in and skated them around in the oil. I did poke a few vent holes in each potato btw. Baked the little guys on 400 until a fork went in smoothly, removed and cooled a bit.

Sliced them right in half and scooped out a dollop of the insides. Returned the skins to the oven for continued “crispifying.”

Added some shredded cheddar, chopped green onion and just a few tablespoons of bar-b-q sauce to the potato and chopped (mushed) it up a bit with a fork. (You can add whatever ingredients appeal to you!) Took the skins out of the oven and filled each one with mixture. Dropped some extra cheese on top of each potato and returned to oven for less than 10 minutes until cheese was melted.

Served with a small bowl of sour cream and warned my husband that if he double dipped, even once, he’d be in serious trouble. 😂

Yummy!

** Full transparency, the photo above is not of my potatoes..we were running too late to take pics, but yes, they look THAT “cute.” 😉

Easy, yummy and hot doesn’t always happen in the world of appetizers, but it does here! 😃

very tasty..most importantly, EASY.. (cause I’m lazy..)

Lazy is the best club

I dunno..I gotta jack it up a bit in the kitchen. My husband and I had bread and butter for lunch on Saturday..I mean, there was legit no food for lunch.. Granted, it was a delicious baguette, but I can’t even feel good about giving myself points for that.. I need to get over the lazy.

I get it….

🥴..it’s bad. I need to get in gear again, fell off the wagon last week.

1. bleuwater says:

Those look delicious!

Best part was, they were so simple to make. Most folks would probably add chopped bacon..I’m sure that would have dialed up the flavor even more.