BUSYBODY.

Yesterday evening as I walked out the front door with our dog, I was met with a jarring surprise: there was a strange little car parked in our neighbor’s driveway..

NOT ONLY THAT..

their porch light was on!

“My gosh, ” I marveled, trying to interpret the evidence, “our neighbors, who have both had their Moderna shots, are having guests over for dinner!”

I was thrilled and mortified by the sight..

I wondered how old their friends were and if they had their vaccines. Had it really been two weeks or were they jumping the gun? Did they eat inside or on the porch? Did she spray everything down before they came? What about after they left? Did they wear masks?

Isn’t it crazy how Covid has turned so many of us into unapologetic busybodies?

I didn’t need COVID to do that….

HAHAHAHA!!!–So you’re THAT kind of neighbor! 😂

2. bleuwater says:

I know what you mean. My husband and I went to a farmer’s market this weekend and out to lunch. I was surprised at the crowds of people! It made me really nervous and I wanted to run back home. COVID has changed how I feel about being with people.

I was born a busybody, but I have to say that Covid has us all minding each other’s business so much more than ever before. And I’m not at all sure that’s a good thing….

Oh..it is NOT a good thing.. I mean it’s one thing to want to know what folks are doing, it’s another to feel we have the right to comment on what others are doing and to judge..and boy, I’ve seen a lot of that over the past year.

Yes, judgement has been one of the biggest side effects of Covid. That, and loneliness from the isolation of the lock downs. How people in the UK aren’t losing their minds, don’t ask me!

I cannot even imagine..