Razors… everywhere. (Why organizing your stuff is so..ugh 🥴)

I don’t think I’ve been this embarrassed since I found four (six?) bottles of Chipotle powder in my spice cabinet. It’s that same lack of inventory control..only this time it’s in the bathroom.

I’ve got razors people..

enough of them to shave every leg of an elite, olympic swim team..

and lotion?

I’ve got that too..

enough bottles to keep all those swimmers’ legs smooth and silky..for the entire season.

This is beyond annoying..

I can’t seem to hammer it into my head that just because I’m too lazy (or keep forgetting) to change out the dull razor in the shower, doesn’t mean I don’t have 10,000 sharp, new ones staged and ready for service.

And so when I find myself in the store, all I remember is “why yes..that razor in the shower sure is dull..let me buy that pack of 54 right now.” And then I bring it home to join the convention of razors already in progress.

Ugh.

Did I mention that I also have hair conditioner..lots and lots (and lots) of hair conditioner?

Why is it that when I buy a bottle of shampoo, I feel compelled to buy a “matching” bottle of conditioner?

WHYYY??

It’s like buying a box of cake mix..try walking away without a can of frosting.. you can’t.

I can’t!

It takes me five times longer to use up a bottle of conditioner than it does to use up shampoo..but I can’t seem to buy one without the other.. and so I end up with a closet loaded with bottles of conditioner..which at times I mistake for shampoo..which leads to those lovely moments in the shower where you realize that all you have in your bathroom is conditioner and you have to sprint to the guest room bathroom, dripping wet, hoping against hope you have some of those little shampoo bottles from your last trip to a hotel…

only to find that that stash too is mostly full of lotion and conditioner.

So yeah..

No wonder I put off organizing.. it’s so incredibly, uncomfortably, embarrassingly… revealing.

1. Zoewiezoe says:

I was SO like that!
    These days I have a razor subscription. 8 blades delivered to me every month. No more untraceable hoard!
    Huzzah!

I SOOOO considered that! Who do you use?

1. Zoewiezoe says:

Estrid (I fell for one of those Facebook campaigns) but I’m very pleasantly surprised so far!

Well..after I use up my 5,000 little plastic razors, I’m definitely doing that instead..cause this is just nuts.

3. Zoewiezoe says:

Would definitely recommend it – not using the cheapycheapy crappy blades has also saved me a world of hurt, bumps and ingrown autschies!

And just like that.. the lightbulb went on..what a GREAT Valentines day gift!

A few years ago I went through a bathroom detox. I vowed I wouldn’t buy anything new till I’d used 95% of what was in the cabinets. Best move ever.

Liked by 2 people

I just have to keep looking and reminding myself of this CRAZY inventory..and yes, I HAVE to use that word..it’s THAT much. I’m SO embarrassed. I need to not purchase anything that belongs in the bathroom..period.

Liked by 2 people

I get it. I didn’t need to buy conditioner for nine months. nine. NINE. Can you imagine that?

Liked by 2 people