The case for wearing lipstick under your mask. 💋

I’ve heard it said that if you wear pretty “underthings” you will feel more empowered and have a more productive day.

Not sure if wearing pretty underthings under “Covid-loungewear” at home counts, 😂 but it did make me think for a minute about what we’ve “let go” as a result of #pandemiclife.

One of the things I let go was make-up..

And while at first I was all “I am woman hear me roar” about make-up liberation, eventually it progressed from roar to snore.. as in plain Jane, boring, NO fun.

And then my daughter convinced me to buy a palette from Sephora while we were visiting her place this past November.

I don’t think I’ve owned an eyeshadow “palette” since I was 13 years old. Remember those monster make-up sets with all those colors? Pretty sure we all wanted to wake up at least one Christmas morning and find this artist’s toolkit under the tree, right?

Good times..

Which is what I started having as soon as my “palette” arrived. I have since ordered rouge (blush), lipstick, bronzer and I am also the proud owner of a beautiful new set of quality make-up brushes.

This has been way too much fun..

“But does anyone know you’re wearing make-up under your mask?” you may ask..

Probably not..but you know what?

I DO.

And for some reason, that just makes me feel more….

“productive.” 😉

I so get this -(and I had the giant palette at one time)

Giant palettes, boom boxes, those organizational purses with 124 interior pockets..the 80’s were an amazingly creative time..HAHA!! 😂

Caboodles!

THAT’S RIGHT!!!!! Caboodles!!! 😂

Do you know how hard it is to find a single eye shadow? It’s all about the palettes

YUP..but I actually like the one I got (pictured) Some days I go lighter, other days a bit bolder..one day I was like wo..brooding punk-prom look..didn’t realize it until I saw myself in the rearview mirror..YIKERS.

Ha!!! I cheated out and bought a Covergirl palette. My post pandemic gift is going to be new makeup

I’m telling you..my big fat bronzer brush is like my prized possession right now..it is a thing.