What I learned this week..

This week was a veritable buffet table of life lessons for me.  Some of the things I learned can best be summed up by a few, classic sayings..

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS, MAKE LEMONADE.

My husband is a lemonade making machine. I continuously marvel at his ability to adapt. When he first retired last year, he set up his days with a mix of home projects, volunteering with Habitat for Humanity builds and lots (and lots) of tennis.

Then Covid..

He continued with our home projects but eventually none were left. During one of our walks, a neighbor shared that his sprinklers weren’t working, so my husband went over to fix them. Another neighbor noticed him out there and so he fixed her sprinklers as well.  He answered an ad from another neighbor looking for help on NEXTDOOR, and just like that, the Mr. Fix it business of his retirement dreams was born.  He’s been busy ever since and this week starts studying for his contractor’s  license exam.

My husband wastes no time pouting and waiting for “clouds” to pass,  he just remolds, recreates  and readjusts himself to fit the circumstances and gets going. I deeply admire that about him.

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 6.49.22 AM

I’m sending my husband to yours for retirement lessons…

He has impressed me, he really has. (I wish I were more like him..) On top of all of that he has lost 20 pounds and (just got blood test results yesterday) lowered his total chol from 206 to 156..his bad (LDL) went from 126 to 81. I mean he is really “on it.”

Awesome. I love when I hear about people just doing what it takes! It’s more rare than I like to admit

That’s him..he just goes and does.

💗💗💗

I wish I was more like your husband! All I can say is that I’m getting better at it as I go along. Because so often, we do just have to adapt to the circumstances around us and move on!

I wish I were more like him too..