How will you emerge?

Our pastor asked an important question during his sermon yesterday: How will you emerge from this experience?

For some, there will tragically be no re-emerging..

Maybe they went back to the store for the eggs they forgot,

gave a hug,

attended a wedding,

rode the bus.

Maybe they chose left instead of right…

right instead of left…

or they just lay motionless in their bed being tended to by someone with a heart for the elderly and a hidden, contagious disease.

I am finding it impossible to ignore those who lost everything as I imagine getting my old life back.

And therein lies the real question..

Do I want my old life back?

Do I want to be the way I was?

Is just getting through this and going “back to normal” enough to ask of myself?

Or do I want to imagine something different..

A life more worthy of the sacrifices of so many..

those who worked so hard

delivering to us,

stocking for us,

saving us..

Those who woke up every morning facing unimaginable decisions

and the unrelenting lashes of our criticism and derision.

Do I want to just settle back into the person I was

or is this the moment to emerge

changed?

HAPPY EASTER.

That is such an amazing question to consider

Thought about it all night Beth (of course I never sleep anyway so..) But how many times have I said I want my “old life” back.. when
      maybe I really don’t.

I want my old life back.

As I carefully cut around the stem of my last tomato the other day it hit me..I’m already not the same person I was just weeks ago. I think there’s a distinction between our old life and our old selves. There’s lots of my old life that I do want back but there’s lots of my old me that I’m ready to let go of.. starting with the way I used to cut (and feel about) fresh tomatoes..

I’ve become a lot more sour on humanity. I’m witnessing grade A hypocrisy and a level of selfishness that astounds even me….

😩..I see it too but as always, most of the attention seems to go to those people. There are so many good people out doing the right thing..helping on so many levels. Even reading blogs like yours that are funny and honest and inspiring help people like me realize I’m not alone… (you know, when I want to body slam my husband over something trivial n stuff like that..😉) You keep me going! Don’t sour on humanity.. yes- we are all flawed to different degrees but there’s enough good to power us through..there really is.

I’m trying! I just can’t wait to see how many people exaggerate their actions a year from now….I’m already envisioning the memoirs and books and documentaries

Oh..you just know they are coming..haha. For now though, keep your chin up, keep your blog going and keep making your bed. 😉💜

💗💗💗💗

3. Roadtirement says:

A lot to think about. Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you and yours as well! Stay safe and stay positive.💜

4. This is a lovely piece with very pertinent questions. I think we are all searching and hoping and sometimes believing we will go back to “normal”. But if that was normal, no, I do not want to return to it. Thank you for this very worthwhile reflection. Take care, Cindy, and stay safe.

Happy Easter Carol.💜