Netflix Recommendation

My husband and I binge-watched “Unorthodox” on Netflix yesterday. Based on a true story, it was a riveting look into the fascinating (but miserable) life of a young Hasidic newlywed in Brooklyn.

The best part about this engrossing short series was that it took my mind on a journey far away from our present reality. Not only did that provide incredible relief, but because we got to bed so late, I actually slept a solid 5 hours.

I had limited myself to watching light-hearted comedy up until now, but realized last night that good stories beat bad jokes any day.

Anyone have any other movie/series they can recommend?

Thanks, I’m going to watch it

It’s really compelling..I think you’d love it.

Binged the whole thing this afternoon, it was great! That young actress was amazing. Thank you!

OH I’M SO GLAD YOU LIKED IT! 😃 I knew nothing about this lifestyle/religion..the whole thing was fascinating/horrifying to me..and the story of course..can you even imagine?

Have a great day Beth!

I just knew a small bit but this really filled in the blanks. In each religion there are the extremes, read “under the banner of heaven” you will be shocked

Loved that book..I remember it was a really compelling read..then again it’s been so long I kinda forget all the details. Did save it though..(I only save the good ones..) 👍

I have a profiler thing, so I loved Mindhunters

more detective/mystery like… or lots of blood and shooting… I can’t do gore right now.😩

We like DCI Banks, which is on amazon prime (British). I’d give Mindhunters a try. It’s good

OK..we will. Up to this point my husband and I seem to spend more time scrolling through options than actually watching anything, so recommendations are really appreciated.

If I think of others will tell you. We tend to like detective shows as well, yet I can’t think of any! Check out anything that was BBC or PBS…they often have excellent detective shows

Well, I can highly recommend Unorthodox..it was REALLY well done..I had NO idea how this sect lived..it is mind boggling to think this lifestyle co-exists in a place like NY.

I know…alas…I see it sometimes…

3. Roadtirement says:

We have enjoyed the Netflix series “Ozark”. Season 3 just was added last Friday. It grows on you, but note that it is for mature (rated M) audiences.

OHH..I think I saw that pop up as an option while we were endlessly scrolling the other day..We’ll have to give it a try. THANKS!

Started watching Ozark last night- WOW! It really is great! Thanks for the recommendation!

4. I absolutely love the movie, “Gifted” with Chris Evan and Jenny Slate about a child genius and the challenges of family. That is all I will say about it – no spoilers!

Is that on Netflix?