Spending Time

It’s not “doing” time (unless you’re in jail)

It’s not “going through time” (unless you’re in a time machine)

Nope, it’s spending time..

Isn’t that an interesting way to describe how we choose to live out our days?

Spending clearly implies it’s an investment using a finite resource..in this case, the precious hours we are given as guests on this earth.

I never really thought about it until this morning as I reflected on the three, back to back episodes of Beachfront Bargain Hunt I sat through yesterday.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 7.37.41 AM

There was the young (SO YOUNG🤔) couple buying an expensive(!!) beachfront home on the West Coast of Florida. I couldn’t figure out what their jobs could possibly be until the guy took off his shirt to go paddle boarding.. 😛..so yeah, clearly modeling..and he must be doing well to afford the home they eventually picked.

Then there was the slightly older couple with a baby up on Long Island actually considering a property with a huge pond in the back yard…Umm, toddler? pond? Hello? So neither were ER physicians- obviously.

Lastly there was a middle aged couple looking for a beach property in Texas with their two adult “children.” The two adult “children” were at one point playing rock, paper, scissors to decide who would get the second bedroom with the ocean view. Again..do you “kids” have jobs? In one scene they were all sitting around a fire roasting marshmallows; I couldn’t figure out if I was jealous or mortified.

But back to “spending” time..

If time was money, I purposely and willingly dropped three, completely non-refundable, twenties on the ground yesterday- one for each episode of Beachfront Bargain Hunt.

Ok…first off…love HGTV…seriously…it’s clearly the best reality network because whether people know it or not, you’re totally seeing their true character. Secondly, I’ve been obsessed with the Pfish song Waste, which has the chorus, Come Waste some time with me

Yeah BUT…remember that nightstand I was going to clean out yesterday????

You were looking for ideas….they just happened to be at the beach…

HAHAHAHA!!! Thaaaat’s riiiiight! That show makes me talk to (yell at) the TV..kinda like my husband talks to (yells at) the news.. it’s like OH MY GOSH..Do NOT purchase that place you idiots..do you know what you sound like on the 24th floor of that condo building talking about how your kids can play on the balcony??? Do you SEEEE the furniture they will use to catapult themselves over the railing? AHHHH!!!!– it’s compelling TV.. and a complete waste of my time- unlike Dr. Pimple Popper. 😉

I know!!! It’s real life drama! My husband is obsessed with pimple popper btw

I was “live texting” with my friend in Pittsburgh last night as a man ‘gave birth’ to a 12 pound lipoma on Dr. PP… riveting and disgusting. And so so many questions…starting with the obvious one.. “how long have you had this?” 🙄

That’s what my husband says every episode

😂😂😂- IT’S TRUE!!! 🤮