The upside of insomnia

So yesterday I woke up at 2:30am.  I tossed and turned a bit until finally accepting the fact that there would be no going back to sleep so I just went ahead and got on up.

It was 3:15 when I turned on the coffee maker.

At 7am I took Daisy for her walk..as usual.

The difference was that I had showered, my hair and make-up were done, I had read my bible, read a chapter in the excellent autobiography I’m reading and another one in the study book I just started on prayer. I had filled in my planner for the day, thrown a load of laundry in the washer, done some online shopping and changed the message on my message board.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 4.02.40 PM

Total awesomeness. 👍 Maybe the answer to productivity for me is living in the US on “Iceland time.”

Ok, so that’s a bit extreme.. but getting up early seems to be the undeniable starting point of every great day.

1. I like your message board. 🤗

Thanks Sally! I find that putting the message up (which takes time..all those letters.. 😬) and seeing it in the kitchen every day helps me memorize the verse.

2. oneta hayes says:

You are right about how much better a day goes if one gets up early. I would do well if I would keep the getting up schedule I had when I was on the clock.

I figure this- I’m just as tired getting up at 7am as I am getting up at 5am..so I might as well get up at 5.

1. oneta hayes says:

You are right. I am fine at any hour if I just get out of the bed. I really do wake up quickly. See if can remember that in the morning. 🙂

3. Anonymous says:

I agree and often do exactly as you did! And it seems , when I have an “early” day like yours, my dog joins in the fun, as if to say “oh, Goodie…I get to greet another play day!” If only humans could face each morning with such glee.

I wish I could face MANY things (including the mornings) with as much excitement as my dog!

4. kimwilbanks says:

Funny, I also woke up super early on January 9. I was awake from 2:30-4:30 but I went back to sleep for a couple of hours. I did get a blog post written, though.

My sleep patterns are absolutely nuts right now. If it’s a reasonable hour..like close to 4, I’ll just get up. The other night I was dismayed to see it was 12:38.. Now THAT was a bummer.