Late to the IKEA “love-fest”

kallax

I have been searching for two simple nightstands for our guest room and this is what I’ve been finding around town..overpriced, poorly made, soft “wood- stuff” from countries far away that emit alarming, unidentifiable odors. (The furniture that is- not the countries..)

I finally, reluctantly, made the 20 minute drive to IKEA. Not quite sure why I didn’t consider it sooner.. but lo and behold, once there, I fell in love with a little shelving collection called the KALLAX..

..large, beautifully sturdy, well made, doesn’t stink, not a nightmare to put together and the smallest “cube” is

(wait for it)

only $35!

..And perfect for a nightstand!

ns

So I am officially an IKEA fan…hey, better late than never.

.photocredit:www.ikea.com,www.pinterest.com

1. heyjude6119 says:

I have never been inside an IKEA store. Living in the Midwest means limited shopping opportunities. I can browse online though and close the browser when I’m tired of shopping, and then, just like Dorothy, I’m instantly transported back home.

IKEA stores are pretty much a nightmare..think of the “It’s a small world” ride at Disney..you get in that boat and there’s no getting off until you reach the end. It’s a bit overwhelming..maybe that’s why I stay away..but they do have some cool stuff..like this crazy shelf that I’m in love with. 👍

Liked by 2 people

1. heyjude6119 says:

Crowded stores? No thank you. Lol The older I get, the less patience I have for shopping.

IKEA is a special kind of hell for those who hate crowds and love easy exits…HAHA..it’s like a MAZE..a long one!!

2. I have one 90 minutes away and have yet to have gone. I fear it would be an absolute nightmare for my ADD brain… Sephora stores are too much for me , so I imagine this to be worse, lol Glad you found a solution and I know a lot of friends who adore Ikea.

My nephew travels all over the world; goes to some of the most crazy (dangerous) places..and HE told me that he can barely handle IKEA. The biggest problem is the lay-out..it’s like a winding path vs. a grid like say Costco with aisles. They do have some cute stuff though and the prices cannot be beat.

1. Wow, nice to know that I am not the only one!

No, you are not- You are in good company!

2. Sephora is TERRIFYING. I do go there, but I go right to a sales person and tell them “I want two of what I bought last time.” Then they either hand it to me or ship it to my house. That is the only way to not be eaten alive by eye shadow.

I love browsing IKEA though. Maybe it’s because you can get a 50-cent ice cream first. ???

Liked by 2 people

50 cent whaaaat???? I missed that!!!! -But truthfully a 50 cent shot of something a little stronger would probably be even better…👍

I was writing back to you on the throw pillows and I pressed something that nuked your comment as SPAM- no idea what I did…but yeah, Imagine how many klorsten-pursten-twerten pillows and matching fluten-pupen-dupen sofas they’d sell if husbands were floppen and ploppen all over them!

3. LOL! I agree. and if you drool on it, you prolly hafta buy it, right?

oh yeah- you christen it, it’s yours. 😷