Well, we’re heading out of town for a late summer getaway and I waited until the last minute to pack – as usual.
I started out with my little ‘week-ender’ bag, but quickly graduated to my run away from home, monster sized suitcase because these days I like to be prepared for every unexpected, potential vacation bonus:
- A night under the stars? (jeans and a light sweater)
- Unexpected restaurant upgrade? (pretty dress, clothes steamer, hot rollers, heels and perfume)
- Another soak in the jacuzzi? (extra bathing suit)
- Long, lazy morning over coffee? (my stack of magazines that I haven’t had a chance to read)
- Visit to the hotel gym? (nah, never mind)
…but you get the idea.
It wasn’t all that long ago that I would have been up past midnight frantically organizing duffel bags and backpacks for all 4 kids and double checking my husband’s as well. Focusing solely on what I want to bring, and not having to share precious suitcase space with anyone else…well, this is a luxury I’m still getting used to.
Yeah, I’m in that sweet-spot in life..not needing to pack diapers for a baby or for me.
I intend on relishing this period for as long as it lasts.